Friday, June 12, 2009

40th Birthday Shutter Card

I (Maria) was asked to make a Tri-Shutter 40th birthday card by my friend Gisela for her friend Jon. She told me he loves golf and camping - so I worked along those lines for the card. I used the full card front template with Rob & Bob "Remember When" paper. More details below:
For the front of the card, I used Stampendous cupcake stamp. I embossed the candle and then used glossy accents. The sentiment is from Inkdadinkadoo and the "40th" from Martha Stewart. I also added brads on the corners.

For the inside of the card - I used Sizzix Roundabout for his name and added a button in the middle of the "O". There is a mix of Studio G, Amuse and Memory Box stamps and sentiments. All colored with Prisma pencils. I paper pieced the penquin's golf outfit to match the card too. The cake and the beer bottles are also finished with glossy accents.

I hope both Gisela and Jon like the card. What do you think??

13 comments:

Me, My Stamps and I said...

wow!!!!!!!!!!what a cool card!!!!!amazing technique!!!!tfs:)
chat

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I'm blown away by all the details you added and the neat folds of this card. I'm sure he'll love it.

Michelle Forrest said...

WOW! Very pretty and oh-so-cool. I need to work up my courage to try one of these cards!

Lynn McAuley said...

How fun is that!!??! What a fabulous 40th birthday card!!!

Jacquel said...

This is too cool! I'm going to have to try this...tfs!!!

Gina Lindsay said...

Amazing, I love all the individual images that all go together so well. Each one is great to look at and you have so many!

Unknown said...

Superb Card, love the images and papers you have used. Hugs Avril xx

Cheryl Walker said...

I love it!!! Great job on the funky fold card hun!!! These are alot of fun to make!!!!

Hugs,
cheryl

Timbo..Mr Hambo said...

Wow. Awesome card...looks like a lot of work but worth it!

loretta said...

This is totally cool! Thanks for the link to the tutorial, I just love cards that do something and this one is great!

MiamiKel said...

Gahhhhhhh! This is jaw dropping!! I know JOn will go crazy for this as it's stunning! I received my first shutter card last week and stared at it for hours trying to figure it out - yours is just perfect on so many levels! the stamps! the coloring! It's just one to keep forever! Standing ovation!!!!!!

Michelle W. said...

OMG! This is great! I love all the little details you put inside. I bet this took forever to make!

Unknown said...

It is a fantastic card and so unique and beautify made I considered it a gift in of itself!

Jon, the fortunate recipient of the card :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails