Sunday, February 14, 2010

Impress "With Sympathy"

Well, not the best card to be posting on Valentine's Day, but it is a card that I had to make for a friend. Sadly, her dad passed away this week. He had a heart attack after shoveling his driveway. It is just so sad and I feel terribly for her and the family.
I actually struggled with this card. It took me about 2 hours to make. I tried a few different things with the Impress flower stamp - not liking any of them. Finally I just embossed the flower and did a little bit of watercolor and direct marker coloring. It's hard to tell from the picture, but a scored a few lines on the bottom part of card. I tied some twine around and I used a Hero Arts sentiment.

Maybe the message for this Valentine's Day is to tell the people in your life how much you love them and what they mean to you because life is precious. So, to my family and friends and especially my hubby....I LOVE YOU and thank you for being a part of my life and making me a better person!

Maria

2 comments:

jimlynn said...

I know it's a sad time for your friend, but your card is beautiful.

Joy said...

what a special card, I love the simplicity of it. I'm sorry for your friends loss.

Related Posts with Thumbnails