Thursday, April 8, 2010

Best Fishes Box Card

I popped on the Hero Arts Blog today (Wednesday) and Shari Carroll had a GREAT video tutorial on making a box card. Since I was waiting around for my neighbor to call to go for a run, I decided to try my hand at this!

Without a scoring board, it took a "little" time to figure out the score lines, but not that long. What takes more time (for me) is deciding what image to use! Since my father-in-law's birthday is coming up, I thought it would be fun to use my new Impression Obsession fish stamp.

The first thing I did was emboss the image in clear powder. I decided to color it in with Marvy markers. Then, I sponged the background with Distress Inks and stamped an Outlines Rubber Stamp grass stamp along the bottom and colored those in lightly with a few markers.

Since I didn't have a "Best Fishes" sentiment....I had to hand stamp each letter using my Martha Stewart stamps (can't say I really like these, but they work when you don't have a sentiment and don't want to fuss with a computer generated sentiment). I laid that cirlce on a dark blue background and slide it into the box part of the card (after distressing it a little). Lastly, I added three shades of MS glitter.

I had a lot of fun making this card. I do recommend using a heavier cardstock base. I used the GP 110lb paper and it's a little flimsy, but it stands up on it's own. Go check out the link to the Hero Arts blog to see the video!!!



Thanks for visiting!!! Let me know what you think of the card!
Maria

4 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

Wow... How impressive! What a super fantastic design. Love your box card!

Cheryl said...

Great job! He will love it.

jimlynn said...

Precious! Love that image too. Just too cute.

Gina Lindsay said...

Very impressive! I have not attempted one of these box cards, but I love your results. Cute fish too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails