Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Can Ya Dig It?

It's another stamp set that I inked up for the first time! Wouldn't it be great if in 2010 I can make sure that all the stamps I own have been inked up? I think I will challenge myself - even though it's May - I still have time!

I made this card for Kim, one of the employees at the CT Humane Society where Cindy and I volunteer. Kim is a HARD WORKER and a true animal lover. She's an inspiration for all the animals she cares for. I didn't know it until after I made the card, but it's her 30th birthday this coming Friday. I gave her the card early because she took the week off - so I know I'm not spoiling the surprise!

This spring, we had a huge clean-up at the Humane Society and Kim helped plant the vegetable garden for the rabbits and small animals we have awaiting homes. She enjoys gardening, so I figured I'd use this MFT "Can Ya Dig It" set to make her a card.
Now, I can't see Kim wearing a dress to garden, but it's what our MFT lady decided to wear, so I had to go with it! I stamped her out on the kraft paper and then paper pieced her dress and hat. I created a flower box on the ground and colored in with prisma pencils and gamsol. I added the flowers, grass and clouds. I used an EK Success punch as well.

For the inside, I repeated the border punch and stamped a wheel barrow. I grabbed a PTI flower stamp from the vintage picnic set and it fits pretty perfectly in the wheelbarrow (you just have to leave off one of the flowers)
I punched a square scallop and used PTI sentiments from their birthday set and some trowels from MFT.

I was quite happy with the result. I own about five MFT sets and for some reason I usually struggle with them - but this one came together more easily for me! I'll have to go back to it again!
Thanks for visiting and leaving feedback- as always!

Maria

4 comments:

Irena said...

Lovely card, I like it :)

jimlynn said...

This is just THE perfect card! I like everything about it. That's wonderful how you paper pieced that dress and the flower bed is so clever. Inside and out, this is great.

Harriet Skelly said...

This is so cute!!

Mary Hamer said...

oooo! how stunning is that?! I love the clean lines - and the inside of the card! very inspiring!

Related Posts with Thumbnails