Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Christmas Re-cap

Well, I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas! Ours here in CT ended yesterday with a HUGE blizzard!!  I love a few BIG snowstorms, so it was nice we had a big one right out of the gate!!

Anyway.......we had a quiet, but nice, Christmas Eve with my in-laws and friends, Yves & Lisa and their 3-year old daughter, Georgia.

Christmas Day is always a bit more active. We hosted 15 at our house. The annual grab bag was a trip as well. So, I'm going to share some pics.  Please ignore the fact that 'most' are blurry! They were taken with my phone and I think I was laughing TOO hard in most of them for great shots!!!

Here's a picture of the family BEFORE the start of the grab bag:


What happens in the grab bag - is we all have to bring ONE $50.00 gift and ONE gag gift. They all go in the middle. Round 1: Everyone rolls the dice. If you roll a 7, 11 or doubles, you pick a gift and open it. Once ALL the gifts are open, we set the timer for 20 minutes and you do the same rolls. Now, if you get 7, 11 or doubles, you swap your gift for another, pass your turn if you like your gift, or if you didn't get a gift in the 1st round, you just get to take a gift from someone else.  This is where the hilarity ensues!

Here are a few of the 'bad' gifts:
Mae Marie with a toilet seat
The chicken dance chicken
Yup - a plunger
The PetPetter but the box was filled with old socks!!
Some of the other 'bad' gifts were a box filled with used toothpaste tubes, GasX, prunes & a Fart-Alarm
(yes, there's always a theme in our grab bag!!)

One of the good gifts (entered by my hubby) is this ELEVEN POUND bucket of Nutella!!! OMG!!!

So, here's a shot of 'most' of the bad gifts together:
Yes.......those are PANTIES!!!! LOL!!!
Here we are posing with them on!!

Me, my cousin, Carl and my hubby Frank
Jill, Scott and Cindy

And, my parents. I had to post this just because we were all laughing SOOOO hard!!

And by the end of the night, we play some Wii Obstacle Course


And Aunt Barbara and Uncle Carl take naps!!

So, as you can tell, we had a lot of laughs!!!

I did actually craft too this weekend, so hopefully I'll get back to my regular posts!!
Have a great day!!
Maria

5 comments:

Jenny said...

OMG! I laughed at these pics! I always have so much fun doing these kinds of parties! Looks like you had fun!!

jimlynn said...

Oh, so VERY, VERY, funny!!!! I know you guys must have had so much fun! LOVE those pants - what a hoot! But the chicken is probably the one gift I would want! He's a doll.
Lynn

Gina Lindsay said...

Love these pics!! How funny are those with the people posing in the undies. Thanks for sharing these. That Nutella looks pretty good, but I have never seen such a large container.

Harriet Skelly said...

OMG the pictures are so fun! You sure look like you had a blast - thanks for sharing them!!

Cheryl said...

OMG! I didn't know they made panties that big.

For our gag gift I got a box of plastic bugs & pickle band aids. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails