Tuesday, March 29, 2011

C&S133 - Hope your day is Fabulous!

I had a great day this past Friday!! I got up early and took my dogs out for a nice long morning hike at the park and then I came home - did a few chores (yup) - and then spent the day in my craft room!  The Clean and Simple sketch came out and I was able to make the card right away (that never happens)...but, I had so many other posts lined up....I'm showing my card today.


Yes - can you believe this card is for a CLEAN AND SIMPLE challenge?  The challenge was to actually use some bulky items. I've had these flowers sitting in my craft room since TWO winters ago when I went to CHA in Orlando.  They finally made their way to a card.
I used my MS leaf punch and a PTI sentiment along with some additional pearl.  You can't see, but the black layer has embossed flowers on it (another hoard I've had for forever!!)

That's about it!  Here's the sketch if you want to play along:

By the way: There’s a new challenge blog in town with articles, swaps, interviews, videos, challenges, great prizes and MORE! Check out Lily Pad Cards!

Hope you're having a great week so far!!

Thanks for your visit!

11 comments:

Monica said...

Adorable card... the flowers look so nice and the monotone colours bring out their beauty in no ordinary way. Great sentiment as well.

Love your cards, Maria!

Monica

Kathy and Lucky said...

Wow that was a great day, especially when you can sit down and the card comes together. I saw that challenge and tried but nothing came together, but your card is stunning, love the flowers and the color combo. Have an wonderful day!

Cheryl said...

I am so glad you finally put this flowers to use. They look gorgeous on this card! I love the clean design.

AB. said...

I love your card!! Those green & black flowers are so stunning & elegant. I really like the die cut leaves behind then too. I was all set to go with this challenge, with my flowers all nicely laid out in my cardstock on Saturday....when I went into labour with my second baby boy!!.....so I doubt I'll be completing this challenge. LOL!! :)

jimlynn said...

SO pretty Maria! I've had this sketch sitting on my desk for a week now and just can not come up with what I want to do. You nailed it though. Those flowers are just beautiful too.
Lynn

Joan Ervin said...

Whoa...what gorgeous flowers...they are just perfect for the sketch challenge!!!! Love the color combo, too!!!!

Deirdre said...

Fabulous card. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today and leaving a sweet comment. Hope you enjoyed the "hop". Deirdre

Jacqueline (Scraps of Life) said...

Love Love LOVE the colors on this card! The green really pops out! And a great use of all those hoards of yours :) This card turned out beautiful!

Hope you're doing well Maria!

MiamiKel said...

Oh my goodness, this is breathtaking - I would not have guessed this was a CAS card, it's so full of detail and wonderment! Lovely color combo and just a dazzling card - super!

Anne Marie Hile said...

WOWZA! How can anyone NOT have a fabulous day after seeing this beauty? This is CAS perfection! Those flowers are beautiful and I love the color combo. Awesome job! :)

Harriet Skelly said...

Wow those flowers are gorgeous - great take on the sketch!

Related Posts with Thumbnails