Wednesday, March 30, 2011

CAS - Thinking of You....

Clean and Simple.....ahhhh...it's definitely a nice way to break up some of the more layered cards I make. It does give me great pleasure to make a bunch of cards at the same time and feel like I'm being more productive.

I needed a "Thinking of You" card (and I'll tell you why at the bottom)....so I grabbed my Hero Arts flower and embossed with white powder.  Then I used the PTI "All About You" set for the sentiments.  I added some glitter pen to the center of the flower and BAM!!...done!



For those of you who have been following me for a while - you may remember me talking about my friend Jenny who passed away from Ovarian Cancer about two years ago at the age of 37.  Well, I heard through another friend that her mom made a comment of some sorts that she was happy to hear Jenny's friends 'still' think of her.  That just about broke my heart that her mom doesn't know Jenny's friends think of her ALL the time and talk about her ALL the time when we are together.  There are very few days that go by when I don't think of her or even talk to her.

So, I really wanted to send her mom (and dad) a note to let them know Jenny is never far from our thoughts.  Most of us still are having a hard time believing she's gone.  So, I hope my card and note give her a lift that Jenny is with us ALL THE TIME.

Thanks for your visit!

9 comments:

Kathy and Lucky said...

Love your story of the "why" this card was made and I am sure Jenny's mom and dad will love it. Your card is stunning and oh so elegant, love the embossing of the flower, will have to remember that. I agree about CAS I went from not having a clue how to make one, to loving the look and the ease of it. Have a sunshine day! Give the puppies a belly rub.

Gina Lindsay said...

Gorgeous CAS card. Very elegant. I just love your reason for making this card though. Wow, I know I need to remember to send cards more often. I know this will mean so much to your friend's mom.

jimlynn said...

Maria, your cards are GREAT! Love those CAS ones for sure.
So sad about your friend but so thoughtful to send her parents that special card to let them know you still think of her.
Lynn

Jacqueline (Scraps of Life) said...

This card is B-E-A-Utiful! And I love your reason for creating it! I'm sure it will touch Jenny's mother's heart. You're so sweet!

Meg said...

This is such a beautiful card, Maria, and you are such a beautiful person for sending it. I know her parents will treasure it.

Monica said...

What a kind card that is... so elegant and soft. So thoughtful of you to think of sending a card to her mum and dad.

Sad that Jenny passed away so young. God bless her soul.

xxx Monica

Harriet Skelly said...

A lovely card for a lovely reason!! This is so beautiful!

Cheryl said...

Beautiful card Maria! You are such a thoughtful person.

Joan Ervin said...

This is such a beautiful design and sure to bring comfort to Jenny's parents...they will love to know that you hold their daughter close to your heart!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails