Saturday, December 8, 2012

Yup! Another Christmas Tag!

But this one was inspired by the 12 Tags of Christmas with a Feminine Twist challenge Ellen Hutson.  I watched Jennifer McGuire's video of stamping with acetate and mirror elements - so I wanted to try it.

Now I don't have the mirror stuff she used OR copics - so I made due with my acetate:
First off I cut watercolor paper & acetate using a Nestabilities die.  I cut the ridge off the acetate, so it was a little smaller than the die.
I stamped an Inkadinkado script stamp with StazOn on the acetate and put aside.


I white embossed the watercolor piece with Inkadinkado snowflakes and then did emboss resist with Barn Door Distress Inks.  Then I flicked some water with perfect pearls on top of that.

For the glitter snowflake - I punched the Marvy flake from cardstock and ran it through my Xyron.  Then poured glitter on the sticky side and burnished it in.  I added a fun button to the center of it.  I laid the acetate over the tag and added rhinestones to the center of the embossed snowflakes. Then to stick the acetate to the red layer - I put glue dots behind the rhinestones and the glitter snowflake.  Lastly - I added the eyelet for the ribbon hole!

Phew - lots of steps - but this might be one of my favorite tags of the  season :)

Have a great Saturday!!!

Thanks for your visit!

8 comments:

Amanda R said...

This is stunning Maria, gonna go watch that video in a second. Your posts haven't shown up in my email lately for some reason, saw this on facebook so sorry if I have missed stuff. Have a great weekend!

Monica said...

Love that snowflake... so 3D like the latest 3D printing... I was listening to CNN and they were talking about these 3D printers and they actually created a 3D snowflake out of a printer.

SmilynStef said...

So very pretty ... love the glittery sparkle with the pop of holiday red ... and what a great tag shape.

jimlynn said...

It would have to be a favorite of mine too! SOOOOO PRETTY!!!
Lynn

Karen B. said...

This is truly a masterpiece, so many beautiful elements!

Audrey Pettit said...

Yes, lots of steps.....but this is truly stunning! Love the script overlay and red background with the embossed snowflakes, and that glittered snowflake accent is gorgeous. Really love the effect just the flicking of water and perfect pearls had on the background. That is so cool!

Cheryl said...

ooooh! This is stunning! I love the background you created. It shows off the glittery snowflake beautifully.

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty! I love the combination of techniques you used.

Related Posts with Thumbnails