Friday, December 7, 2012

SFYTT - December Birthday & Year Review

Happy Friday to you - although I'm little sad.  This is the final Sketch For You To Try - December challenge and forever :(   Jen decided it's time to stop the monthly challenge.  But all good things must come to an end, I guess.   So, based on the December sketch, here's my card:
This is a Stamping Bella image colored with my prisma pencils.  I popped up the tag for dimension and then added a There She Goes sentiment.

I forgot to take a picture of the inside of the card before writing it out.......so forgive the note inside, but I had to share it:
Backstory:  Our friend Nick is a funny guy.   One of his common sayings is:  "I love you, but I'm not IN love with you" - which we just crack up about.  He LOVES LOVES LOVES Cindy's dog Toby (who only has one eye) - so I knew the image on the front of the card would be perfect for him and I knew what I wanted this inside to say too!  So I used my Lawn Fawn alphabet to create the inside sentiment.  LOL - at least I had a good LOL about it :)

Continuing on.............

I submitted cards every month of 2012 for Sketch For You To Try and as per Jen's requirements to be eligible for prizes, we have to share our cards/links for the year:

January

February

March

April
May

June

July

August

September
October
November

Not sure if you stuck with this whole post or not! It was a long one! But if you did - have a GREAT Friday!!!


Thanks for your visit!

8 comments:

Elizabeth Allan said...

I loved this post from start to finish. A collective review of a year of gorgeous sketch designed cards Maria.

DottyA Cards & Things said...

I just think that BD card for this month is just TOO CUTE!! And after explaining it is perfect!!!
Love the year in review too... you do such Lovely work, I'm so glad I found you blog this year!

craftieodmae said...

Love em all, Jan is my fav!!!

jimlynn said...

WOW! This is amazing to see all these wonderful cards from the year! And all are just wonderful.
Love the birthday card for you friend and cute, cute, sentiment! He's going to love it.
Lynn

Monica said...

Oh how clever to create a card that a friend would love. The pun of the word makes it even nicer...
And all those other cards are just fab.
Monica xxx

Karen B. said...

That card is much too funny! And wow, what a stunning parade of cards when you put them all in one post.

Audrey Pettit said...

Awww, adorable card, Maria! That pup is so sweet, and the sentiment truly is perfect for your friend. Love your coloring. Reminds me of that YouTube video of Mishka saying I Love You....if you haven't seen it, you might get a kick out of it.
So sorry you are losing one of your favorite monthly sketch challenges! Really enjoyed looking over your whole year of cards again!

Cheryl said...

Your card is adorable! I just love this pup. Cute, cute, cute! If possible, the back story makes the card even better.

I loved the review of your SFYTT projects from the year.

Related Posts with Thumbnails