Tuesday, January 15, 2013

STB#1 - Happy Birthday

Hello again!!!!  Next card up is for the Seize The Birthday Challenge#1.  If you haven't heard of this challenge blog yet - it's pretty cool.  For the first week - you create a feminine card based on their sketch. The second week - you create a masculine card based on the same sketch.  I know I always need help with masculine cards - so I'm excited to have found this new challenge blog.

Here's my feminine card:

I recently got some Dylusions spray inks - so I wanted to try them out.  I embossed this Penny Black flower with white powder on watercolor paper.  Then I spritzed them with teal and blue inks.  It will take a bit to get use to the spray (and the blue fingers I went out to dinner with) - but I'm happy with the result!

I used a PTI sentiment that I bent to fit that layer and a PTI impression plate that I dotted with my white gel pen.

I added a few gems to the flower and dew drops to the right side!

OK - well - go check out this challenge blog if you haven't already!  Here's the sketch:


ONE more card to come!!!!!!!  See you again soon!

Thanks for your visit!

9 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

A gorgeous design with this feathery flower, Maria!! Sounds like a challenge I need to check out!!

jimlynn said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the flower image, Maria, and all the green is just so classy and pretty!
Glad you're playing in Seize the Birthday too!
Lynn

Lesley said...

Wow Maria, that green/blue ink and the image look amazing together, this is a cool effect for sure! Thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Cheryl said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! I love the background you created with the mists.

Rose said...

awesome!!! love your inking, makes the white flower really stand out :)
So glad you joined us on Seize the Birthday.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Maria you are always mixing up your techniques with something fresh, new and fun. The colors are beautiful.

Christiana said...

This is gorgeous! Love those vivid greens against the embossing.

Monica said...

Swell colours and that effect is just stunning.

Jen W. said...

Wow! This is stunning! Gonna have to check out that Dylusions stuff!

Related Posts with Thumbnails